Venison Snack Sticks are a tasty snack to make with ground venison and spices. Our version is all natural with no preservatives and all of the smoke flavor you love. A lean protein snack that will rival your favorite store bought snack sticks!
After making a few batches of Venison Summer Sausage, we wanted to try making snacks sticks. They are the perfect on the go snack and we love how simple and delicious this recipe turned out.
Ingredients for Venison Snack Sticks:
- Ground Venison
- Cold Water
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Garlic
- Onion Flakes
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Dry Mustard
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
How to Make Venison Snack Sticks:
- Prepare a grill fire to about 250° with hickory for smoke flavor.
- Mix spices together with brown sugar.
- Add ground venison to a large bowl and combine with cold water.
- Mix spices into ground venison until throughly combined.
- Add mixture to a Meat Grinder & Sausage Stuffer.
- Tie one end of the casing using butcher twine and thread onto sausage stuffer. Fill casings, but do not over stuff.
- After filling, tie the other end.
- Place on the grill over indirect heat and cook with the grill closed.
- Smoke for about 3o minutes until internal temperature reaches at least 165° with a digital thermometer.
- Remove from grill and cool slightly.
- Slice into 4 inch snack sticks and serve with your favorite mustard.
- Use a Vacuum Sealer to store or place in a zip loc baggie.
How to Store Venison Snack Sticks:
Store in refrigerator for 2 weeks if vacuum sealed about 7 days if stored in a zip loc.
Snack sticks can be frozen up to 6 months.
Venison snacks sticks are a great way to enjoy venison and they are so simple to make. Much more budget friendly than the store bought snack sticks that we love and they are actually more delicious. I like knowing exactly what went into our snack sticks.
Conventional Oven Method:
If you don’t have a smoker or grill, these snack sticks can be made in a conventional oven. Mix about 1/2 teaspoon of liquid smoke into venison if you would like to add smoke flavor.
Cook in a 300° oven for about 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°.
Tips for Making Smoked Snack Sticks:
Start with cold ingredients and keep your ingredients cold. If you have a delay in the process, just pop the meat back in the fridge for a few minutes. We often chill the bowl before we start.
Don’t overfill the casings or they can pop open. If you are new to stuffing casings, it only takes one or two to get the hang of it.
We use LEM Smoked Mahogany Collagen Casings – they are edible but also easy to peel off if you prefer not to eat them.
Our snack sticks are not shelf stable. Keep them refrigerated or frozen until ready to serve.
Use any combination of spices that you like and if you like spicy sausage, just add more chili flakes.
If you are looking for ideas to make with your ground venison, this venison snack sticks recipe is one of our favorites to keep on hand. They are loaded with great flavors and can be made as spicy or mild as you prefer. Package them up for a great homemade gift for the holidays or any occasion.
FOLLOW OUT GRILLING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
FACEBOOK * PINTEREST * INSTAGRAM * TWITTER
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
Sharing is caring!