About | Hours | Pricing | First Visit | Parking | Available TargetsSafety Rules | Range Procedures | Dress Code | Age Requirements | Prohibited Devices
About the Archery Range
Archery has been an ever-increasing sport and the Triangle area is no exception. Due to increased requests, we are excited to introduce the only outdoor 3D Archery Range in the area. For our younger archers or those just introduced to the sport, we have 2 lanes with block targets located at 10 and 15 yards that will ensure them the success they need to encourage continued practice and advancement. In addition, we have separate zeroing lanes at 20, 30, and 40 yards. Finally, our six 3D lanes at distances from 20-50 yards feature small to large full-sized wildlife targets, where archers are sure to find exciting and realistic challenges. With our extensive selection of 3D targets and the variance of distance and angle placement, our archers will enjoy a dynamic arrangement of targets on subsequent visits. Whether zeroing your equipment or perfecting your shot, we are eager to assist you and establish a relationship based on this wonderful sport. Come in and take aim at our newest target system.
Archery Range Hours
Friday – Sunday: 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM*
*The Archery Range goes cold at 5:00 PM. Archer’s arriving after 4:00 PM may rent a lane at the normal fee with the understanding that they will not receive their full hour of range time. If you are shooting with us for the first time we recommend that you arrive 30 minutes early so that you have ample time to complete your waiver, purchase the Archery Range Card and purchase your range time.
Please note that these hours are subject to change due to weather, ground conditions, and more. Call ahead or check our social media platforms for any updates to hours.
Pricing and Memberships
Range Card: $15.00/personSingle Shooter – $15.00/hourLane Share (2 Shooters) – $25.00/hourRecurve Bow Rental – $10.00/hour
Triangle Shooting Academy is proud to include $0.00 archery lane fees for all membership plans!
Single Archery Member Shooter – $0.00/hourLane Share with additional archery member: $0.00/hourLane Share with a non-archery member: $10.00/hour*Recurve Bow Rental – $10.00/hour
*Non-members accompanying a member must acquire an Range Card ($15.00).
First Archery Range Visit
To access our archery range please follow the below steps:
1. Stop by Guest Services, and complete our archery safety waiver to obtain an Archery Range Card or Membership Card.
2. You will need to present our Guest Services team with a non-expired, valid state-issued identification card, driver’s license, or passport. Photos and information printed on these documents must be legible and easily identifiable.
3. Payment for your archery range/membership card and your lane rental will be taken inside by a Guest Services Team Member. Keep your receipt to show our outside team.
4. Once you have received your correct archery or membership card, you will be directed to the Archery Station located outside and behind the building. You may grab your archery equipment from your vehicle prior to walking to the back of the building.
5. You will present your valid photo identification, range/membership card, and the receipt for your lane rental at the Archery Station in the back of the building. The Archery RSO will obtain your credentials, assign you a lane and record your start and finish lane rental.
We realize that in some cases archery equipment can be quite sizable making navigating a busy store an unpleasant experience. To eliminate that aggravation, we are designating specific parking spaces along the side near the back of our building closest to the archery range as Archery Parking Only. This will allow you, our valued customers, to enter our building unencumbered for the lane rental process and retrieve your equipment once on your way to the range itself.
Our 3D Targets
– Deer- Antelope- Bear- Mountain Lion- Panther- Cheetah- Wolf- Wild Boar- Coyote- Javelina- Turkey- Hyena
Facility Rules & Procedures
The Archery Range goes cold at 5:00 PM. Archer’s arriving after 4:00 PM may rent a lane at the normal fee with the understanding that they will not receive their full hour of range time. If you are shooting with us for the first time, we recommend that you arrive 30 minutes early. This ensures that you have ample time to complete your waiver, purchase the Range Card and purchase your range time.
We take the protection of our wildlife and environment very seriously. We will not tolerant any littering, smoking, or harm to wildlife or plants. Anyone in violation of this will be asked to leave immediately without a refund and possible termination of membership or future use of our facility.
As an outdoor range, archers should expect unlevel terrain and exercise caution when navigating the premises. Triangle Shooting Academy is not responsible for personal injuries relating to uneven landscape.
Outdoor Archery Range Rules
Range Safety Officers are present at all times to ensure the safety of all shooters and bystanders. Each Range Safety Officer may use their full discretion concerning safety on the range. If unsafe behavior occurs, a warning or corrective instruction will be given. If the unsafe behavior continues to occur, that participant will be asked to leave the range. Please be kind and respectful to the Range Safety Officers. They are there to ensure the safety of you and your neighbors. Always remember, the Range Safety Officers have the final say. If you observe a violation of these range rules, please bring it to the attention of any team member and we will take immediate corrective action. It is our goal to provide you with a safe and fun range experience. Thank you, from the Triangle Shooting Academy Team!
1. Be aware of your target(s) and what is beyond and around them.
2. Shoot only at targets in your designated lanes. No cross shooting!
3. Keep arrows pointed at your target and parallel to the ground when drawing.
4. Absolutely no sky drawing. If archers are unable to draw their bows while keeping the arrow parallel to the ground, the poundage will need to be adjusted before the archer will be permitted to continue shooting.
5. Never point a nocked bow behind the firing line.
6. Never dry fire a bow. Always have an arrow nocked to avoid potential injury or damage to your equipment.
7. Never cross the firing line for any reason during an active relay.
Archery Range Procedures
1. Triangle Shooting Academy’s archery range utilizes relays. Relays will last for 8 minutes each to allow fellow archers equal opportunity to reset their targets.
2. Once the “CLEAR TO FIRE” whistle blows, (1 blast), archers will place the toes of their front foot behind the firing line. Then they can begin firing at will. For the safety of all, archers are reminded not to cross the firing line during an active relay.
3. When each archer completes firing their arrows within the present relay, each will hang their bows to wait for the “CEASE FIRE” whistle command (2 blasts). Then they will be permitted to retrieve their arrows.
4. When retrieving arrows from targets, place one hand on the target and the other hand on the arrow at its point of entry. Pull straight out to avoid breaking the arrow shaft.
5. When utilizing the zeroing lanes, archers should place their targets between the black lines on the target surface.
This dress code is in place for your safety and to prevent injury. Triangle Shooting Academy reserves the right to refuse anyone to shoot at our facility for dress code.
No open-toed shoes or high heels are permitted on the range. We suggest comfortable tennis shoes.
No low-cut, see-through, or cropped shirts are permitted on the range. Shirts must cover the front, back, and midriff of the body at full-draw are required while on the range. Hoods are not permitted to be worn inside the facility.
Pants are to be worn at waist level at all times in the facility.
Archers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent. Archers that are 16 or 17 years of age must be supervised by someone at least 18 years of age.
1. A non-expired Archery Card or Membership Card issued by Triangle Shooting Academy.
2. A non-expired, valid U.S. State-issued identification card, driver’s license, or a passport from the resident’s country. Photos and information printed on these documents must be legible and easily identifiable.
3. Your equipment must be ready to be used. Accessories and adjustment services are not currently available. Longbows, recurve, and compound bows with field tips are welcome. Crossbows are not permitted at this time. Sighting targets are available for purchase ($1.50). We are excited to announce that we now offer recurve bow rentals with arrows for $10.00 an hour!
1. No broadheads of any kind are permitted on the range. Only field tips are permitted.
2. No crossbows are permitted.
3. Triangle Shooting Academy reserves the right to prohibit any device, material, or unlisted item in which a Triangle Shooting Academy Archery Range Officer deems unsafe.
For Everyone’s Safety
1. Use of foul language or excessive/loud talking will be met with one warning to cease. If that warning is not honored, the offending archer/spectator will be dismissed from Triangle Shooting Academy grounds and face possible revocation of their range card without a refund.
2. Spectators are welcome to assist archers in carrying equipment and personal items but they are required to stay clear of the firing line and lanes at all times unless supervising a minor child.
3. Triangle Shooting Academy is not responsible for lost or damaged personal property or equipment.
4. All customers and spectators are advised to observe the natural terrain of our archery range. Please be mindful that Triangle Shooting Academy is not responsible for personal injury as a result of physical accidents accrued on the archery range.
5. Triangle Shooting Academy reserves the right to refuse service to any individual who, in our judgment, poses a safety risk to themselves, our staff or our guests.
6. Triangle Shooting Academy is under video and audio surveillance.